Do you think that these are the best solutions for your problem?

How Bad Friends Remind Me Of How Cigarettes Are

Is there a soul out there who has never had a bad friend? "Oxymoron!" you say. "How can a friend be a bad friend?" Well, from experience I can tell you something:

Once upon a time when quite young there was an older guy who was quite colorful. He was funny and always liked the excitement of a trick he'd play on someone. I wasn't an angel myself, and his expertise at doing mischievous things really impressed me like no one.

So all through childhood we became infrequent pals. My path was much straighter than his. He went to various schools for behavior; but whenever I'd see him, we would pal around.

But looking back, he had me on a failure track in that I did things too early... Rather than stick with my own age, I'd elect to be with him and his escapades.

It took me years--maybe sixty--before I clearly saw that our friendship in youth was not healthy as I grew up. I am sure several things I didn't do well came in part from being his friend.

I do not see him now. If I did, I would be cordial. I don't begrudge our youth. But I would be wary of his friendship right now.

The same is true of someone else. This second guy was more of an intellectual, and I thought of him as a cool mentor on topics that I knew little about. But knowing him deprived me of recognizing the truth about how I should live. However, I do respect him for what he's done in life, But I would not want to be involved with him for my sake.

Cigarette smoking is so much like these bad friends. On the surface they're something cool. They make us feel as if we've been transported to a better realm in our lifestyle. Life is more exciting. We feel a lot older (when we're quite young) and in the 'know' about aspects of life that others might not share.

Our cigarettes give us a new camaraderie with other folks who smoke, too. We're like a band of cool rebels-recognizing life's deal and escaping it some.

We really cannot perceive the truth of cigarette smokes. How could they be so bad?... There is always a 'drunk uncle' who lived to be ninety, And didn't he smoke, too? And that guy down the street: he has a cigarette-in-mouth every time we see him. He looks as fit as a fiddle.

There is an old saying: "For every prejudice there is a lie someone swears by"- and just like some bad friends cigarettes can make you lie to yourself about their worth.

The funny thing is, that once you swear off bad friends, you sense a new freedom in life. Suddenly, you are the true master of your realm.

I hasten to add candidly: cigarettes will get by just fine without your love... just as my bad friends don't miss me. There are always others to whom they can befriend... And the world goes around and 'round...


Humbler Acts, the creator of THE WIZARD'S OUTRAGEOUS SCHEME FOR STOPPING SMOKING, teaches you how you cn learn to stop smoking thoroughly by applying his plan of recording dreams and linking them to Seven Forces. Oxford educated, Humbler lives in St. Louis, MO-in retirement-with his wife of fity years.
( http://www.stopsmokingwiz.com )

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Humbler_Acts