Do you think that these are the best solutions for your problem?

Best Way to Quit Smoking

If you really are looking for the best way, quit smoking websites can force you to spend hours going in circles. Many of them are promoting several different things, and while many people have probably quit successfully with each of those methods, I used to find it very confusing, which advice was I supposed to follow?

Basically, I ended up trying a different method each time. I think I even adopted the philosophy "Well, I'll try method A first, then move on to method B." - Talk about setting yourself up to fail!

I tried Nicotine Replacement Therapy first, things such as nicotine inhalers, gum, patches, all of that. This was basically because I believed I was fully addicted to nicotine and nothing else. I started off with the gum, thinking that it would be less embarrassing and I could even chew it indoors, but I got 0 satisfaction from it whatsoever and smoked again after 3 days, it didn't even seem to alleviate my withdrawal pangs. I then moved on to the inhaler, thinking that it was the "smoking action" that I missed, but although it seemed better than the gum, it failed me within a few days as well, all it seemed to do really was remind me of cigarettes and make me constantly think about them. It turned out that Nicotine Replacement Therapy doesn't work, so I needed to move on and try something else.

Next I tried cutting down, I figured if I could get down to 10 a day, and then down to 5 a day, I could eventually stop. Even if it took me a long time, I would be smoking less, so that was good right? Well, no, again, all it did was remind me of smoking, and it even made me wish my life away, willing the clock to go faster so I could have my next cigarette.

Moving on, I tried cold-turkey, lasted a few hours, didn't know what to do, gave up. By this point, I had quit 5 times ( I used the inhaler on several different occasions) and had decided that I was too weak willed to quit, or that I just needed to have a health scare or something equally ridiculous to make me quit.

Not being able to quit is one of the most depressing things in the world. You hate yourself for smoking, but you can't give it up. It's terrible. I was basically resigned to "dreaming" about giving up smoking instead of actually trying it, until a friend recommended Allen Carr's book to me.

I read it once, and never smoked again. I was so surprised that just reading a book over the course of a few weeks (I wanted to take my time to absorb it, but it's not particularly heavy reading) could make me stop, after failing with so many other things. Not only that, it was EASY. It didn't use scare tactics or health risks to make me quit, it just told me how easy it should be to quit smoking, told me why (I won't go into it here), and I read along and followed the advice and hey, smoke free for over a year.

It is simple psychology, but what is great about it is that it explains to you why you smoke, not why you should stop, and it focuses on the psychological, mental addiction, almost ignoring the nicotine addiction (which he made me realize was nominal)


Allen Carr's Easy Way to stop smoking is the number one selling book in the stop smoking industry, with over 9 million copies sold at the time of writing. If you are looking for the best way, quit smoking with Allen Carr and millions of other people! This book enjoys are 90% success rate, and I'm glad to say that I am one of them. You could be too.

Dominic Wells

Further reading: http://itseasytostop.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dominic_Wells