Do you think that these are the best solutions for your problem?

I Want Quit Smoking Guides to Work

Here's what I want: quit smoking guides to recommend the same methods as me. This is because I have seen many quit smoking guides, and I feel that they are focusing on the wrong thing. You always see websites talking about the best ways to quit smoking, and then they recommend the same thing as everyone else, and often recommend many different ways.

Quitting smoking can be easy if you know the right method. Before I explain this, I'd like to go into what I feel are the wrong methods.

One of the biggest quit smoking methods out there, is known as Nicotine Replacement Therapy, the act of using gum, an inhaler, patches, even tablets, which gives you the nicotine you crave so much without having to smoke. Sure, there are great health benefits to using these methods, but in my own experience, and that of many others, they do not deal with the real smoking problem and even those who do manage to quit using these methods often end up smoking again. Nicotine withdrawal pangs are not as bad as people assume them to be, in fact they are very mild and half the time you don't even realize you are experiencing them. More on this later.

Cold Turkey is another wrong method, also known as The Willpower Method. Most people are afraid of this method as they feel they need to use something to replace cigarettes, hence the popularity of NRT. I personally barely lasted 3 days using this method even though I was telling myself constantly "I need to quit smoking," so I understand how difficult it is. The belief that smoking is hard to quit causes us to think that it is an almost impossible task, so therefore we are setting ourselves up to fail before we have even begun.

So what is the right method? Well, simply put, anything that deals with the psychological aspect of smoking. As I mentioned earlier, nicotine withdrawal pangs are very mild, and only last a few days, they aren't even strong enough to wake you up when you are sleeping. So why does it seem so hard to go without cigarettes? This is because our perception of smoking is that it is a great crutch and gives us pleasure, along with the aforementioned belief that it is very difficult to give up.

Stop kidding yourselves! Smoking does nothing for you except trick your brain into thinking it does. If you don't believe me, ask yourself why some cigarettes "taste" better (or less bad) than others, ask yourself why a cigarette can relax some people, while helping others focus, and ask yourself why it is so hard to cope without something that is just poisoning your body. Surely it is only water and food that your body can't cope without?

My recommendation to most people is to really research and understand what smoking is doing to you. Reassess your perception of smoking, and learn that it really is easy to stop. I think if more websites and quit smoking methods worked on psychology, people would be better informed to quit.
Additional information about quitting smoking and the psychological aspects of nicotine addiction can be found here: http://itseasytostop.com